Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trotting Through the Day

I love Bar Agostini. Seriously, this cafe is the best possible way to start my day. And I was reading AW Tozer this morning with my team, a book called "The Radical Cross," and that book is stinking sweet. The paragraph that I read and was quite challenged by says this:
"If we are wise we will do what Jesus did: endure the cross and despise its shame for the joy that is set before us. To do this is to submit the whole pattern of our lives to be destroyed and built again in the power of an endless life. And we shall find that it is more than poetry, more than sweet hymnody and elevated feeling. The cross will cut into our lives where it hurts worst, sparing neither us not our carefully cultivated reputations. It will defeat us and bring our selfish lives to an end. Only then can we rise in fullness of life to establish a pattern of living wholly new and free and full of good works."
The rest of the day was pretty chill; we got cell phones for all the new STINTers, had a little Rome Ministry Orientation and then had a picnic with the long-term staff and their kids. I got to throw the football and wrestle with a bunch of little kids, which is always fun. Jenny and I had some intense planning and then I went running with Brian and Jimmy, part of my training for the Rome Marathon. Yes, you heard me correct, I am trying to run the Rome Marathon. Pray for me :)
MUSIC: Check out The Daytrotter Sessions for some kind of weird, sometimes good, sometimes bad music. Click on THIS LINK and check out Basia Bulat, Bon Iver, Ingrid Michaelson, and We Barbarians for some music that I downloaded. You can listen first, then download if you like it. Enjoy.

No comments: