Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hopeful*Inspired*Involved

Today was a good day. We got our bus passes (I functioned as a translator, which was a lot of fun and made me somewhat proud of my Italian), tracked down packets that we need to apply to stay in the country (3 places, third time's the charm), had the chance to walk around campus and pray for it and then had our very first team dinner! And then we got all the forms filled out that we need to so hopefully we can apply in the next day or two! BUT my two highlights of the day were in the morning, getting to go back to my beloved Bar Agostini and see my friends, the barista's who work there.
At Bar Agostini last year
Maria-Antoniella, Anna Maria, the dude who works in the bakery and his son... loads of fun and good time reading my Bible with my iPod and cappucino and ciambella. And, as an added bonus, I got to see one of my friends, Maria Teresa, standing in line and talk to her for a while. Second highlight of the day was I ran into my good friend Jody on campus and got to talk a little with him. We are hopefully meeting soon. Jody was one the highlights of last year; he is an all-star guy, super friendly, and we had a great time reading and discussing the Gospel of John. So the music of the day reflects that... do get it free you have to enter in 5 friends names but you can also pay 1 dollar. The tagline is "Hopeful*Inspired*Involved" and it featured Sara Groves, Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, and Charlie Peacock. Thoughtful music and a sampler album to promote their upcoming tour, which the proceeds go to International Justice Mission. For those who have never heard of this, IJM is the organization that works hard to "rescue victims of individual human rights abuse, working to combat human trafficking, forced labor, slavery, illegal detention, unprosecuted rape, police brutality and illegal land seizure" They do good stuff. Check it out.

No comments: